Re: Connecting to a remote db server - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Connecting to a remote db server
Date
List pgsql-admin
"Struckhoff, Kevin" <kstruckhoff@ebay.com> wrote:

> I've installed postgres 9.2 on a server, call it db01. I now want
> to access postgres from my app server, call it app01.
>
> What do I install on the app01 server? I've installed postgres
> 9.2 on it and set the postgresesql.conf file's listen_address to
> a value of '*' on both machines. I've also modified the
> pg_hba.conf file to be wide open for now on both machines.

The postgresesql.conf and pg_hba.conf files aren't used on the
client side -- those only matter on the server.

> It seems that something else is missing or needs to be done.
> Googling wasn't much help, the results weren't current.

How are you trying to connect, and what happens when you try?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company