Re: Migration from DB2 to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From sachin kotwal
Subject Re: Migration from DB2 to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
>PostgreSQL has no such capability.  Unless you need that and
>want to code it yourself, the best solution would be to
>write a function that just ignores the third argument.

For time being I will write a function that just ignores the third argument.

but if we really want to create such function like DB2 TO_CHAR()  we need to
code it.

like setting locale as third argument or format string according to third
argument and return it.