How to keep a table in memory? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From adrobj
Subject How to keep a table in memory?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I have a pretty small table (~20MB) that is accessed very frequently and
randomly, so I want to make sure it's 100% in memory all the time. There is
a lot of other staff that's also gets accessed frequently, so I don't want
to just hope that Linux file cache would do the right thing for me.

Is there any way to do that?

One idea I have in my head is to start a process that does mmap() and
mlock() with the table file. Will it work? If so, are there any potential
problems?