Re: Running out of memory on vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ioana Danes
Subject Re: Running out of memory on vacuum
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi Igor,

I don't need the manual vacuum. I just don't want to remove it now because it gives me a clue that something is wrong
andI need to restart postgres to free up the memory. Otherwise I run out of memory later in the day and that is
somethingI want to avoid.

Even if "I don't need it" I don't think it is "normal" to run out of memory in these conditions. (I had it off for a
whileand I did run out of memory on pg_dump).

We use jdbc connection pooling and it does make sense to have it higher than 100 at some points during the day. Anyhow
atthe time of the vacuum there is nothing else going on on the database. Sales are off.

Thanks,