Re: [SQL] Encrypting PGBouncer to Postgres DB connections - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bhanu Murthy
Subject Re: [SQL] Encrypting PGBouncer to Postgres DB connections
Date
Re: [SQL] Encrypting PGBouncer to Postgres DB connections  (handsfree <luke.hansbury@redwood.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Here is my understading of your requirement:

machine-A at customer site would replicate to staging machine-B which will then replicate to target machine-C in cloud - and you would want to encrypt data in motion from A to B to C.

I could think of 2 possible solutions:

1. Use Stunnel from machine-A to machine-B, and again from machine-B to machine-C.

2. Use streaming replication config features to secure traffic (encrypted data over TCP)

Master configuration on machine-A:
=>Update replication line in pg_hba.conf to "hostssl"
Slave configuration on machine-B:
=> primary_conninfo='host=machine-A port=5432 sslmode=require'
or
=> primary_conninfo='host=machine-A port=5432 sslmode=verify-ca'

You could then use cascading replication (available from postgres 9.2) from machine-B to machine-C.