Re: [SQL] Encrypting PGBouncer to Postgres DB connections - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From handsfree
Subject Re: [SQL] Encrypting PGBouncer to Postgres DB connections
Date
List pgsql-admin
Thanks for the response.  In terms of your suggestions:

1.  We already have stunnel installed on MachineA and MachineB, and it would
not be too difficult to install stunnel on MachineC either.  What I'm unsure
of is how to make MachineB a 'bridge' so the postgres target MachineC
appears as an end point to MachineA.  We just want to pass postgres rsync
through MachineB to MachineC and have commit notifications passed back to
MachineA (we're hoping to run postgres replication synchronously initially,
though if performance suffers too much we'll run async).

2. We're unable to stream directly to MachineB as it has its own postgres
database cluster which we don't want to write to.

For information, we're running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Postgres 9.2 on all
hosts.