Re: Limiting setting of hint bits by read-only queries; vacuum_delay - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Limiting setting of hint bits by read-only queries; vacuum_delay
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:

> *) For off-cycle release work that would help enable patches with
> complex performance trade-offs (I'm working up another patch that has
> even more compelling benefits and risks in the buffer allocator),  We
> desperately need a standard battery of comprehensive performance tests
> and doner machines.

Such a thing would vastly reduce the time needed to work on
something like this with confidence that it would not be a disaster
for some unidentified workload.  Sure, something could still "slip
though the cracks" -- but they would *be* cracks, not a wide gaping
hole.

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company