Re: PGconn timeout - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PGconn timeout
Date
List pgsql-general
ahoward <ahoward@fsl.noaa.gov> writes:
> i'm writing a ruby connection pooling package layered on top of it's libpq
> interface.  i've scoured the pg docs, but can't seem to determine of PGconns
> normally timeout, and if there are any methods for dealing with
> this/determinng this.

There is no timeout behavior in either libpq or the backend.  We have
recently seen a couple of trouble reports that seem to be due to
connections being dropped when they are idle for more than a timeout
period, but my guess is that that behavior is occurring in a firewall
or other network device between the client and server machines.

            regards, tom lane