Re: Password entry in pgadmin3; pg_hba.conf vs .pgpass. Permissioning issue? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Password entry in pgadmin3; pg_hba.conf vs .pgpass. Permissioning issue?
List pgadmin-support
On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 17:33 +0000, Andrew Taylor wrote:
> So I thought.... but all 3 lines seem to be required.

For a single connection, only one line is required.

> Actually that should have been a 4th question. Why do I need all those
> 3 lines in .pgpass?

Depends on your configuration, but only one line is required per
connection.

>  And why does an asterix for hostname achieve
> nothing?

It should (and actually, it does to me).

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info