Re: Password entry in pgadmin3; pg_hba.conf vs .pgpass. Permissioning issue? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andrew Taylor
Subject Re: Password entry in pgadmin3; pg_hba.conf vs .pgpass. Permissioning issue?
Date
List pgadmin-support
So I thought.... but all 3 lines seem to be required.

Actually that should have been a 4th question. Why do I need all those
3 lines in .pgpass? And why does an asterix for hostname achieve
nothing?

I tried the below but it doesn't work (at least with the md5
pg_hba.conf settings)

*:5432:*:postgres:Password
*:5432:*:django_dev:Password

Cheers,