Re: PHP Abstraction layers - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Gurudutt
Subject Re: PHP Abstraction layers
Date
List pgsql-php
Hello Francisco,

I find "PEAR DB" particularly a wonderful data abstraction layer. I
have been working with for a long time and so far I have had minor
difficulties while porting from one database to another.

I have worked with PEAR DB on three databases, MySQL with BDB tables,
Postgresql and Oracle. It works fine with all the three, but I must
confess my working with Oracle based data interface is limited.

Just one small aspect to be taken care of while using PEAR DB is that,
u need to use quotes to enclose the fields.

Speed of operation is very good in terms that, user hardly notices the
difference of data abstraction layer being present.

--
Best regards,
 Gurudutt                            mailto:guru@indvalley.com

Life is not fair - get used to it.