Re: max_connections not changing - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: max_connections not changing
Date
List pgsql-novice
> On 2004-09-22, Benjamin <benjamin@netyantra.com> wrote:
>> I am trying to start postmaster with the following command
>> ../bin/pg_ctl start -s -w -o -i -D ../data -o "-N 40"  -o "-B 80"

>> Tho shared buffers value, duz change as said to 80, but theres no change
>> in the max connections value.

I'm not sure that pg_ctl is bright enough to handle multiple -o options.
You might need -o "-N 40 -B 80" instead.

Having said that, though, I think there is little or no good use for -o
in the first place.  It's better to set the values you want in
postgresql.conf.

BTW, -B 80 is ridiculously low.  It may run, but performance will be
terrible.

            regards, tom lane