problem with recreating database with export - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Gearon
Subject problem with recreating database with export
Date
List pgsql-general
I have a database export done via copy. It's all the tables, contraints, blah blah.

I know (a couple of years ago) that I just used the defaults. REALLY fast btw, I remember.

All the table create commands work fine.

I cannot get the whole file to import using (as postgres) psql -d database_name -f the_file.sql

I get errors on \N and various other problems. I've tried dividing the file up into:

table creation
one 'copy' of a table at a time.

One, a 35 mbyte seems to have errors on semi colons.

Dennis Gearon

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."