Replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Sidney-Woollett
Subject Replication
Date
Re: Replication
List pgsql-general
Apologies if this is a double post - I'm sure I sent a similar e-mail to
the list, but it seems to have disappeared in the ether.

Id there a definitive list of what replication options are currently
available for 7.4 (and 7.5), and what their relative strengths and
weaknesses are; ease of use, configuration, cost, support etc

I need to start tackling replication of our DB in the next few weeks, and
wondered what the options are.

I've seen RServer and Mammoth Replication - these look good (on paper) but
both appear to involve a license fee (which is more than I have to spend
right now).

Is pgReplication ready for 7.4 yet? And are there any other *free*
options? If not maybe I'll have to find the money for a commercial
solution.

I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who has a working replication
solution.

Thanks

John Sidney-Woollett