Re: Strange permission problem regarding pg_settings - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Strange permission problem regarding pg_settings
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 04:24:32AM +0100, Florian G. Pflug wrote:
>> Am I right to assume that updating to 7.4 will have the same effekt as
>> updating to 7.3.5?

> No, you're not.  You can update to 7.3.5 by just dropping the new
> executables into place (after stopping the postmaster, of course).

I think he was asking whether 7.4 will behave the same as 7.3.5 with
respect to this particular permissions issue.  Which it will.  You're
correct that getting to 7.3.5 should be less painful (which is why
I suggested it) --- but if he wants to jump to 7.4, no reason why not.

            regards, tom lane