Re: Recover rows deleted - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alejandro Carrillo
Subject Re: Recover rows deleted
Date
List pgsql-performance
Anybody knows a function that let's recover a record (row) deleted in Windows?

Thanks

De: Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>
Para: Alejandro Carrillo <fasterzip@yahoo.es>
CC: "pgsql-performance@postgresql.org" <pgsql-performance@postgresql.org>
Enviado: Martes 29 de Mayo de 2012 15:53
Asunto: Re: [PERFORM] Recover rows deleted

On Mon, 2012-05-28 at 19:24 +0100, Alejandro Carrillo wrote:
> Hi,
>

> ¿How I can recover a row delete of a table that wasn't vacuummed?
> I have PostgreSQL 9.1 in Windows XP/7.

The first thing to do is shut down postgresql and take a full backup of
the data directory, including any archived WAL you might have (files in
pg_xlog). Make sure this is done first.

Next, do you have any backups? If you have a base backup from before the
delete, and all the WAL files from the time of the base backup until
now, then you can try point-in-time recovery to the point right before
the data loss:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/continuous-archiving.html

If not, are we talking about a single row, or many rows? If it's a
single row you might be able to do some manual steps, like examining the
pages to recover the data.

Another option is to try pg_resetxlog (make sure you have a safe backup
first!):

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/app-pgresetxlog.html

And try setting the current transaction ID to just before the delete
ran. Then you may be able to use pg_dump or otherwise export the deleted
rows.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis