Re: should Makefile.custom be in source tree or in build tree? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: should Makefile.custom be in source tree or in build tree?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of mar dic 06 16:06:57 -0300 2011:
> Makefile.custom is currently looked for in the source directory.  This
> tripped me up recently when doing a vpath build.  Should it be looked
> for in the build tree instead?  Or both?

Hmm, interesting question.  When I have used it, I put it in the source
dir without thinking much about it.  In the builddir it'd be painful I
think because it'd be gone when the builddir is zapped to do a full
rebuild (I don't do this often but it does happen from time to time).

Nowadays I don't use it much though, since I learned the PROFILE trick
when calling make, so it's not like I care all that much.