bytea problem - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From alkampfer
Subject bytea problem
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hello, this is my problem :
I use java + postgres and I want to store image files into a table

my table : (id int,  image bytea)

the code :
                byte bytes[] = new byte[(int)file.length()];

                sqlq ="UPDATE table set image= ? where id=?";
                ps = .....prepareStatement(sqlq);
                ps.setBytes(2,bytes);
                ps.setString(2,id);

put the file into my table, stream of 41054 bytes, OK.

but when I retrieve it from the database resultSet.getBytes("image") gives
an array of 82108 bytes!!
worst of all those bytes I get have no sense at all, like 00 00  00 or 11
11....

thanks for the help!