Re: setFetchSize - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From fschmidt
Subject Re: setFetchSize
Date
Re: setFetchSize
Re: setFetchSize
List pgsql-jdbc
Okay I see the documentation saying portals die at the end of a transaction,
here:

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/protocol-flow.html#PROTOCOL-FLOW-EXT-QUERY

But looking at the JDBC code, the main use I see of portals is for
setFetchSize().  And setFetchSize() is badly crippled in its current
implementation.  Is there any fundamental reason that portals can't be made
to survive commits, like cursors WITH HOLD?  This would result in a
reasonable implementation of setFetchSize().

For now I have given up on setFetchSize() as useless for my application, and
I use "select ... order by something-unique limit fetch-size offset
how-much-has-been-read".  This is a bad hack.  I would much rather use a
functional implementation of setFetchSize().  Is there any chance I will get
one?