Re: Remote connection shows localhost databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Remote connection shows localhost databases
Re: Remote connection shows localhost databases
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 15:30 -0400, Jeff Adams wrote:
> [sorry for the duplicate Richard]
>
> Thanks for the response Richard. I have tried to connect via pgAdminIII.
> When I try to connect to the remote machine, I enter \\<server>\<ip_address>
> into the host name field. What I found was it didn't matter what I entered
> into the hostname field (I put in random strings to test), it always brought
> up the databases on the localhost....

In pgAdmin, you have a Name field (which is a description, so free
text), and you have a Host field. The host field should contain the
socket complete path, or the host name, or the ip address. With this,
you're able to connect to any PostgreSQL server, as long as their
pg_hba.conf file allows it.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info