Re: call initdb as regular user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From alexondi
Subject Re: call initdb as regular user
Date
List pgsql-general
I call initdb with such params

*/opt/PostgreSQL/9.1/bin/initdb -D /projects/data_dir/data -E UTF-8 -U u*ser

after that create pg_log dir when I would create log (but why I must do this
step?)
change hba file and start database server with this command
/*opt/PostgreSQL/9.1/bin/pg_ctl start -w -D /projects/data_dir/data -l
/projects/data_dir/data/pg_log/startup.log*
Server was started but when I try connect to database I see in lgo such
messages
/FATAL: role "postgres" does not exist/
What is this? I use another user?