Re: Pgadmin plugins - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Pgadmin plugins
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2011-08-18 at 15:24 -0700, salah jubeh wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need repository plug in in order to control my DDL, currently I am using text files to create sachems, procedures ,
etc. and it will be great if I can keep track of how the schema changes and even to protect against errors such as
accidentalfile deletion.

I don't think it belongs to pgAdmin. You can use any of the usual tools
to do it for you. Like tortoiseCVS and tortoiseGit on Windows.

> Regarding code ordering , I mean indentation and order the sql code to make it more readable. this can found in all
Integrateddevelopment environments for c++, and java.

This is something I've been asked for. So hard I didn't even try :)

> regarding the plug in you are right I am using an old version so the psql console is not there, but is there away to
enablerepository plug in and get the text file in the Pgadmin editor.

I don't think so. The only thing you can do is to create some plugins
with a specific action in each. For example, one plugin to go in your
repository, and launch "git pull". Another one to go in your repository,
and launch "git commit". I think it will be harder to configure and use,
than to use one of the tortoise tools.

And, please, don't top-post.

--
Guillaume