Re[2]: Re: pg_dump and LOs (another proposal) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Denis Perchine
Subject Re[2]: Re: pg_dump and LOs (another proposal)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Tom,

TL> Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au> writes:
>> The thing that bugs me about this if for 30,000 rows, I do 30,000 updates
>> after the restore. It seems *really* inefficient, not to mention slow.

TL> Shouldn't be a problem.  For one thing, I can assure you there are no
TL> databases with 30,000 LOs in them ;-) --- the existing two-tables-per-LO

Hmmm... I have 127865 LOs at the moment. :-))) But with my patch where
all LOs are usual files on FS. I will move it to one-table-for-all-LOs
after my holidays.

TL> infrastructure won't support it.  (I think Denis Perchine has started
TL> to work on a replacement one-table-for-all-LOs solution, btw.)  Possibly

You can try it. I sent it to pgsql-patches some time ago.

--
Best regards,Denis                            mailto:dyp@perchine.com