Re: Per-database/schema settings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Roland Roberts
Subject Re: Per-database/schema settings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
   eisentrp> About datestyle, I had thought that this setting should   eisentrp> really be deprecated, with the arrival
ofthe to_char()   eisentrp> family. If you like a default datestyle, then you can   eisentrp> define a view based on
to_char().

As far as datestyle goes, I like Oracle's
   alter session set nls_date_format='MON DD, YYYY HH24:MI:SS';

This doesn't really deal with default for a database, but I've longed
fr this in Postgres....

roland
--            PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
Roland B. Roberts, PhD                    Unix Software Solutions
roberts@panix.com                      76-15 113th Street, Apt 3B
rbroberts@acm.org                          Forest Hills, NY 11375