Re: Patch file questions? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Patch file questions?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Casey Havenor's message of mié jun 29 15:53:31 -0400 2011:
> Partitioning becomes impossible as I'd have to hunt down every single row
> from every table within the hierarchy when needed.   I've got an object
> driven system with permissions for users so I'll easily have thousands of
> rows to manage across 100's of tables.

I suggest you raise this issue on pgsql-sql, -general or maybe
-performance, for design advice.

> Either way I'd still like to know how to apply a patch to PostgreSQL just to
> satisfy my curiosity? :)

You need the "patch" utility, and either the -p1 or -p0 switch depending
on how the file was built.  When done, recompile.