Re: Patch file questions? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Casey Havenor
Subject Re: Patch file questions?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Googled patch utility - not sure of which one to get as none I found use the
.patch extensions?

So is this the workflow...
- Get patch
- Get patch utility - Not sure which one - Any recommendations for Win7,
Mac, Linux?
- Apply patch to installer for PostgreSQL or after PostgreSQL is installed?
- Recompile?
- Reinstall?
- Re-import existing database structure?  --- If I apply this patch - I've
already got a schema built for my database does that mean I'll lose it or
have to import it in?

Never done this have lots of questions...

Thanks again.

-----
Warmest regards,

Casey Havenor