Re: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On mån, 2011-05-09 at 12:42 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> The problem we'd have is that there's no way (at present) to make such
> a test pass on every platform.  Windows has its own set of locale names
> (which initdb fails to install as collations anyway) and we also have
> the problem that OS X can be counted on to get UTF8 sorting wrong.
> (It might be okay for case-folding though; not sure.)  Possibly we could
> just provide an alternate expected file for OS X, but I don't see a
> decent workaround for Windows --- it would pretty much have to have its
> very own test case.

Windows >=Vista has locale names similar to Linux, and my cursory
testing with some hacked up test suite indicates that it produces the
same results as the Linux expected file, modulo some error message
differences.  So I think this could be made to work, it just needs
someone to implement a few bits.