Re: Couple of minor fixes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Couple of minor fixes
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> Attached match makes a couple of minor changes to get rid of some
> annoying compiler warnings:

> 1) backend/port/win32/sema.c declares a variable inline with the code.
> IIRC, that's only allowed in C++. Patch moves declaration to the top of
> the function.

Done.

> 2) timezone/localtime.c, transtime() has a const arcument in the
> implementation but non-const in declaration.

I did this the other way (make implementation match declaration).
I think the coding was in fact correct per spec, because const-ness
of an argument value is not part of the function signature.

> I'm also seeing a lot of signed/unsigned mismatch, but IIRC it was said
> at some point that we don't care about those.

In HEAD?  They're all cleaned up according to the compilers I use.

            regards, tom lane