Re: Theme for release

From: Jeff Davis
Subject: Re: Theme for release
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

Theme for release  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Theme for release  ("Marc G. Fournier", )
  Re: Theme for release  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: Theme for release  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: Theme for release  (Ned Lilly, )
     Re: Theme for release  ("Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais", )
      Re: Theme for release  (Josh Berkus, )
       Re: Theme for release  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: Theme for release  (Jeff Davis, )
 Re: Theme for release  (Mike Ellsworth, )
  Re: Theme for release  (Andrew Lardinois, )
 Re: Theme for release  (Adrian Klaver, )

On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 15:50 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> Parallel to the other discussion, we need to come up with a "theme" for
> the 9.1 release.  It's unlikely to be anything to do with the features,
> given that they're all over the map.
>
> Some barnstorming:

How about

  "Redefining what a SQL DBMS can do!"

or some variation thereof. We have some pretty amazing features in the
last couple releases, and I think they go beyond just "cool". They allow
new types of applications and new approaches to problems that were
infeasible before.

I think this would also be good to re-attract some interest from people
who have only tried MySQL, and gave up and moved to a NoSQL system.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis