Re: [HACKERS] query dumping core - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] query dumping core
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Here it is.  I think Tom mentioned this problem.

> select date_trunc('month',transdate), sum(quantity) from wolf group by
> 1 order by 1
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.

Yeah, this is another one of the GROUP-BY-nontrivial-expression
problems.  I'm on it.  It looks like the HAVING patch broke the
interaction between union_planner() and make_groupPlan().
I'm trying to restructure that code in a way that's more
intelligible, as well as correct...