How to modify dump files created by pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From 任洪彩
Subject How to modify dump files created by pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, guys

I have met a problem that do confused me.

I created a dump file by pg_dump from database named "DBRNWHSB" with parameters -b -o -Fc -Z 0.
As you know, at the beginning of the dump file contains some SQL statements for create the database "DBRNWHSB".

So here comes the question, I want let these SQL statements to create another database, e.g. named "myDB". In that case, when restore the dump i can restore the modified dump file with "-C" that "myDB" can be founded.

I have tried to modify the dump file manually. But the dump file may caused invalid.

# /opt/nokiasiemens/SS_Postgres/bin/pg_restore -C -h CFPU-0 -p 5433 -U _qnrnwdbman -d template1 -e -v /root/horen/rnwdump/DBRNWHSB.pgdump
pg_restore: connecting to database for restore
pg_restore: implied data-only restore

I wonder is there any way to modify the dump file after create or i can specify the database name when dump?

Best wishes.