Re: Add unistd.h to c.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Add unistd.h to c.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Heikki Linnakangas's message of vie mar 11 13:59:59 -0300 2011:

> Presumably all of these are used by something in c.h itself. At least
> strings.h is needed by memset, and stddef.h and/or stdlib.h is needed
> for size_t. I'm too lazy to check the rest, but if there are any header
> files there that are not in fact used by anything in c.h itself, they
> should be removed from c.h, rather than going further into that direction.

Yeah.  FWIW I sometimes make efforts to reduce the reach of headers, for
example by removing them from other headers that don't need them.  It is
quite the opposite to what you propose here.