Re: MAX CONNECTIONS PROBLEM - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From
Subject Re: MAX CONNECTIONS PROBLEM
Date
List pgsql-admin

>> > I suspect you need to reconfigure your kernel.
>>
>> reconfigure kernel ??
>> why you think so
>
> Lack of shared memory allocated, limits being too low, etc.  Can be any one of a number of
> reasons but those are the most likely in this case.

Actually his problem is solved he kindly allowed me to login
and examine.

The problem was hiz shared_buffers were 64 and we wanted
max_connections to be 200 so shared_buffers were falling short.
the postmaster was ritely complaining ,  but the brain dead RPM packages
put  redirect messages to  /dev/null

:(

regds
mallah.