COPY for .CSV files problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From pere roca
Subject COPY for .CSV files problem
Date
List pgsql-general
  Hi everybody,
  I want to enter a .CSV file using COPY comand and plpgsql. It enters
lat,lon and some data. In the CSV data there is no field (such as
"user_name" or current_time) that allow distinguish future queries for
different users (ex: select x,y from table where user_name=z; after entering
lat,lon I would like to update the_geom in  another table using the lat,lon
of ONLY this user).

  I could update this kind of data ("user_name") using php but next user
could not enter his data by COPY (it only lets fill the destination table if
ALL the fields are the same as the CSV or text file).
  So, I have a problem. I thought that may be I can reference/select data of
a SINGLE USER using parameters like default_time without need to insert this
data as a field in the table (otherwise, problems with COPY). Maybe can I
use catalog?

  Thanks in advance,
   Pere