Re: BUG #5862: Postgres dumps core upon a connection attempt - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Matt Zinicola
Subject Re: BUG #5862: Postgres dumps core upon a connection attempt
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hrm.

I did see the Fedora stashed copies of libpq.so.5 and libpq.so.5.2 in
/usr/lib64.  I looked everywhere on the system for libpq.so*, and saw that the
only remaining copies where those in my source directory... so I re-built
9.0.3.  A 'make check' still died in the same place within the regression
tests.  I did a 'make install' anyhow.  I cleaned out my data directory and
attempted a new initdb with 9.0.3.  That seg faulted as well:

[postgres@infinity local]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /data/postgres
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any other suggestions?
- Matt