Re: pl/python refactoring - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pl/python refactoring
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On tor, 2011-01-20 at 03:16 +0100, Jan Urbański wrote:
> Here's an updated patch series for PL/Python refactoring. It was 16
> patches at first, 8 are committed, 1 got dropped, so we're down to 7.

Everything(*) is now committed.

In 0006-Improve-exception-usage-in-PL-Python.patch I went for TypeError
instead of ValueError because that matched better with the behavior of
some Python built-ins.  Same idea, though.

(*) In 0007-Do-not-prefix-error-messages-with-the-string-PL-Pyth.patch,
I did not commit the bit that moved pg_verifymbstr outside the TRY
block.  This is debatable.  I observe that there are other uses of
pg_verifymbstr in TRY blocks.  Also, we document that strings in Python
code must be in the server encoding, so I would argue that this error
could be considered a Python error and thus the current code would be
correct.