Re: SSI patch version 14 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: SSI patch version 14
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Kevin Grittner's message of mié ene 26 14:07:18 -0300 2011:
> Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:

> > Pounding for hours on 16 CPU box sounds good. What diagnostics or
> > instrumentation are included with the patch? How will we know
> > whether pounding for hours is actually touching all relevant parts
> > of code? I've done such things myself only to later realise I
> > wasn't actually testing the right piece of code.
>
> We've looked at distributions of failed transactions by ereport
> statement.  This confirms that we are indeed exercising the vast
> majority of the code.  See separate post for how we pushed execution
> into the summarization path to test code related to that.

BTW did you try "make coverage" and friends?  See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/regress-coverage.html
and
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/coverage/