Re: Building pgadmin on windows - instructions? - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From J.F. Oster
Subject Re: Building pgadmin on windows - instructions?
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hello Nikolai,

Not sure about it all, just describing my build env:

MS Visual Studio Community 2013
(C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\)
Previously used Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express which was enough to
build too but missed some files required to make an .msi package.

Afaik, Windows SDK is bundled with VS, there is no standalone package.

vcbuild is replaced with msbuild, which in my case was found here:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\msbuild.exe
I suspect it is installed with C# or .NET components of Visual Studio,
so don't uncheck these when installing VS.

I also had problems building wxMSW with build-mxmsw.bat, so built it
manually one-by-one using projects in wxMSW-2.8.12\build\msw\ with all
targets combinations (debug/release, unicode/...).
Also there should be prebuilt wx libraries available.

Attaching my build scripts, hope that will help a bit.

NZ> So. What was really meant in the INSTALL? Again, I confess, I'm totally
NZ> ingorant about most such MS stuff. But that's why (in part) the INSTALL
NZ> file actually exists, so as it should probably help me a bit?
It may be outdated now.

--
Best regards,
 J.F.