Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3
Date
Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3  (Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>)
Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3  (Peter Geoghegan <peter.geoghegan86@gmail.com>)
Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3  (Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl>)
Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the replies.

Yes - we're aware that there are newer versions of PostgreSQL out there.  If
it were completely up to us we would be using 8.2.18 or even 8.4.  The
problem is - we need to install on a network that has a rather involved
approval process for all software tools that are introduced.  8.2.3 was
previously approved.  Getting a newer version of PostgreSQL approved would
probably take time that we do not have given the time-critical nature of our
effort.

Is 8.2.3 still available anywhere on the PostgreSQL site?  I couldn't find
it.

Thanks,
Jason