Re: Putting code in main of src/backend/main/main.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Putting code in main of src/backend/main/main.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"S -" <nat_lazy@hotmail.com> writes:
> We are working on a project where we want to create a single linked list
> that holds information of all the locks taken or being waited for by
> transactions in Postgresql.

How will you maintain such a list, when the underlying state is
constantly being changed by many different processes?

Perhaps more to the point, why would you want to?  The existing lock
status data structures in shared memory can be traversed at need.