Re: [HACKERS] Retiring from the PostgreSQL core team - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Retiring from the PostgreSQL core team
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 00:24 -0400, Jan Wieck wrote:

> Over the past years I have not been able to dedicate as much time to
> PostgreSQL as everyone would have liked. The main reason for that was
> that I was swamped with other work and private matters and simply
> didn't have time. I did follow the mailing lists but did not
> participate much.
>
> Looking at my publicly visible involvement over the last two years or
> so, there is little that would justify me being on the core team
> today.
> I was not involved in the release process, in patch reviewing,
> organizing and have contributed little.

My feeling, which I'm sure would be supported by a great many people, is
that you have made huge contributions to PostgreSQL, all very much
appreciated.

Yes, that may not have been visible to all because much of that was via
the Slony project, though I know of your quieter contributions to other
major projects. Slony alone has been the backbone of PostgreSQL across
many releases and will continue to be important in the future also.