Retiring from the PostgreSQL core team - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Retiring from the PostgreSQL core team
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Retiring from the PostgreSQL core team  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Re: Retiring from the PostgreSQL core team  (Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>)
Re: [HACKERS] Retiring from the PostgreSQL core team  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
List pgsql-general
To whom it may concern,

this is to inform the PostgreSQL community of my retirement from my
PostgreSQL core team position.

Over the past years I have not been able to dedicate as much time to
PostgreSQL as everyone would have liked. The main reason for that was
that I was swamped with other work and private matters and simply didn't
have time. I did follow the mailing lists but did not participate much.

Looking at my publicly visible involvement over the last two years or
so, there is little that would justify me being on the core team today.
I was not involved in the release process, in patch reviewing,
organizing and have contributed little.

However, in contrast to other previous core team members, I do not plan
to disappear. Very much to the contrary. I am right now picking up some
things that have long been on my TODO wish list and Afilias is doubling
down on the commitment to PostgreSQL and Slony. We can and should talk
about that stuff next week at PGCon in Ottawa. I will also stay in close
contact with the remaining core team members, many of whom have become
very good friends over the past 15 years.

The entire core team, me included, hoped that it wouldn't come to this
and that I could have returned to active duty earlier. Things in my
little sub universe didn't change as fast as we all hoped and we all
think it is best now that I focus on getting back to speed and do some
serious hacking.

I hope to see many of you in Ottawa.

Regards
Jan