Re: Multiline plpython procedure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Multiline plpython procedure
Date
Re: Multiline plpython procedure  (Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>)
List pgsql-general
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> Egads. So the set of valid Python programs is different depending on what
> platform you're on? That's just, uhm, insane.

No quibble here.

> Incidentally, are we sure we've diagnosed this correctly? I'm discussing this
> with some Python developers and they're expressing skepticism. One just tried
> a quick test with a Python program containing a mixture of all three newline
> flavours and it ran fine.

He tried reading 'em from files, using Python's text-format-converting
file reader, no?  See the test case posted up-thread, which demonstrates
that feeding a string directly to PyExec (or whatever its called)
produces newline-sensitive results.

            regards, tom lane