Re: thread-safety: gmtime_r(), localtime_r() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: thread-safety: gmtime_r(), localtime_r()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 27.06.24 06:47, Stepan Neretin wrote:
> Hi! Looks good to me.
> But why you don`t change localtime function at all places?
> For example:
> src/bin/pg_controldata/pg_controldata.c
> src/bin/pg_dump/pg_backup_archiver.c
> src/bin/initdb/findtimezone.c

At the moment, I am focusing on the components that are already meant to
be thread-safe (libpq, ecpg libs) and the ones we are actively looking
at maybe converting (backend).  I don't intend at this point to convert
all other code to use only thread-safe APIs.