Re: Range types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: Range types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 14:29 +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> This alone would practically preclude discrete -- int and float would
> behave quite differently (float's "granules" growing towards the edges
> or having to choose a bigger granule for float than for int in the first
> place).

It may be an argument for a different range type name, or trying to spot
obviously dangerous things and throw an error.

But I don't think it's an argument to prevent a superuser from defining
a discrete range of whatever he or she wants, as long as they provide
the necessary functions.

Regards,Jeff Davis