Re: Python 3.1 support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Python 3.1 support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On fre, 2009-11-20 at 01:20 -0700, James Pye wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2009, at 12:02 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Is there any precedent for the sort of behavior that you are
> > implementing, that is, automatic sharing of variables between
> > independent executions of the same source container?
>
> import foo
>
> # bar is a regular, def'd function.
> foo.bar()

> # even in another thread, doesn't matter..
> foo.bar()
>

> In either call, foo.bar()'s globals() is the same dictionary object(the foo module's dictionary).

That's not what I meant, because this is the same execution of the same
source container, with threads explicitly started somewhere.  You could
do the same in a plpython function (in theory, at least).

What I mean is more like, you execute the same source file twice in a
row, and the global variables are saved for the second run.