Re: Python 3.1 support - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Python 3.1 support
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Nathan Boley <npboley@gmail.com> writes:
> > Also, I am a little skeptical about this patch. I am sorry if this has
> > already been discussed, but would this mean that I need to choose
> > whether pl/python is built against Python 2.* or Python 3.*?
>
> Yes.  That's exactly what I was complaining about upthread.  I'm not
> a Python user, but from what I can gather of the 2-to-3 changes,
> having to choose one at package build time is going to be a disaster.

Agreed. We really need to have a plpython and plpython3. Heck this would
play nicely too because we support backward compatibility but also
upward version differences.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander