Re: New mug design - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: New mug design
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 11:10 -0500, Chris Browne wrote:
> damien@dalibo.info (damien clochard) writes:
> > Josh Berkus a écrit :
> >>
> >> Just an elephant-logo mug probably won't go very far here; we were
> >> practically forcing the EDB mugs on people (for free) once we got to the
> >> last box.

In Open Source there is an extreme difference between SWAG that is about
a project versus a product (or company).

Although I agree we should have a great mug design, I don't think the
comparison between a very well done Elephant logo mug and that of a
commercial marketing ploy is valid.

> >> Idea for a new mug design: do an instructional one of psql shortcuts,
> >> per the vi coffee mug:
> >>

> > Why not :  INSERT INTO me VALUES('coffee','sugar');

> That seems like an EAV model to me, and therefore evil ;-).
>
> I'd rather something like:
>
>   INSERT INTO MUGS (BEVERAGE) VALUES ('Coffee'), ('Espresso'), ('Tea');

Too much.

How about:

COMMIT;

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander