Re: beta1 packaged - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: beta1 packaged
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au> writes:
>> Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.ca> writes:
>>> ALTER TABLE FKTABLE ADD FOREIGN KEY(ftest1) references
>>> pktable(ptest1);
>>> NOTICE:  ALTER TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY
>>> check(s)
>>> + ERROR:  Relation "pg_temp_5"."" does not exist
>>
>> That's pretty bizarre.  Is it reproducible?  Can you get in there with a
>> debugger and try to figure out what's going wrong?

> I saw a similar error on a NetBSD-1.5.1/i386 box, but have not been
> able to reproduce it. Subsequent runs of 'gmake check' have all
> passed.

> Until I saw Rod's message I was thinking it was more evidence of
> hardware flakiness with this particular machine, but perhaps not.

>   NOTICE:  ALTER TABLE will create implicit trigger(s) for FOREIGN KEY check(s)
> + ERROR:  Relation "public"."^B^U&W<88><F0>0}" does not exist

I've applied the attached patch, which I think may cure these failures.
        regards, tom lane

*** src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c.orig    Wed Sep  4 17:30:18 2002
--- src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c    Thu Sep 12 17:06:58 2002
*** 2920,2926 ****      * unfortunately).      */     myRel =
makeRangeVar(get_namespace_name(RelationGetNamespace(rel)),
!                          RelationGetRelationName(rel));      /*      * Preset objectAddress fields
--- 2920,2926 ----      * unfortunately).      */     myRel =
makeRangeVar(get_namespace_name(RelationGetNamespace(rel)),
!                          pstrdup(RelationGetRelationName(rel)));      /*      * Preset objectAddress fields