Need Help!! - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Gurudutt
Subject Need Help!!
Date
List pgsql-php
Hello pgsql-sql,

  I am the new member for the postgres mailing list. Actually I have
  been working with mysql, php and perl for a very long time now, and
  offlate shifted to pgsql. I have many technical difficulties

  1. I need to port mysql data to pgsql. I tried both mysql2pg.pl and
  my2pg.sql. Both have some problem. I think it is got something to do
  with the auto increment feature that i used in mysql. Can that issue
  be addressed while porting.

  2. Some of the joins that were successfully working in mysql are not
  working, most importantly LEFT JOIN.

eg.

SELECT SUM(ACT_DueTab.CableAmount) as NetworkTotal FROM
ACT_NetworkTab,ACT_DueTab, ACT_InvoiceTab LEFT JOIN ACT_CustomerTab ON
(ACT_CustomerTab.CustCode=ACT_InvoiceTab.CustCode) WHERE
ACT_DueTab.InvCode=ACT_InvoiceTab.InvNumber and
ACT_NetworkTab.NetCode=3 and
ACT_CustomerTab.NetCode=ACT_NetworkTab.NetCode and
(ACT_InvoiceTab.InvGenDate <= '2001-08-31' and
ACT_InvoiceTab.InvGenDate >= '2001-08-01')
ORDER BY ACT_InvoiceTab.InvGenDate DESC

This query works fine in mysql, but suffers in pgsql.

3. I was using PEAR for data abstraction layer ( to make code
independent of the database), I find that PEAR which worked fine with
mysql doesn't work so well with pgsql

Any help on all these issues will be greatly appreciated. I am in the
midst of a porject porting exercise.

--
Best regards,
 Gurudutt                          mailto:guru@indvalley.com